Monday 14 April 2014

Sensationails!

I find doing my nails a massive chore. They take so long to dry and just end up chipping a few days later, so occasionally when I have the money I will go and get them done at a salon. Then, I will get either gels or acrylics because they are long-lasting and seem worth the money. However,  these do tend to ruin my nails and let's be honest, spending £30 on just nails is not cheap - especially not for a student on a budget!

So I've found a solution - Sensationail! My best friend Zoe has been using this for a while and finally convinced me to buy the kit. I bought the Sensationail starter kit which retails at just under £70, but I conveniently bought mine on the Mother's Day sale at Boots for only £45. This may initially seem expensive, but the kit comes with a whole load of things:

- 'how to do' instruction booklet
- nail file/buffer
- lint-free wipes
- gel cleanser
- gel primer
- gel base & top coat
- colour gel polish
- LED lamp



The application is no more difficult than painting your nails regularly, and just involves following all the steps, and drying your nails under the LED lamp. Each time you put a layer on of either base/top coat, or the colour, you 'cure' the nails under the lamp for 30-60 seconds. And once the 'curing' is done, your nails are perfectly dry, no risk of a smudge or fingerprint - amazing!! They last for at least 2 weeks, with absolutely zero chips and I'm never going to look back!





I haven't quite experienced the proper removal of these nails because I'm lazy and haven't bought the removal kit yet, but it seems similar to how gels are taken off in a salon. I actually just peeled mine off (naughty, I know), cut my nails short and buffed them until all the residue was off, and they look and feel perfectly fine! I probably wouldn't recommend doing that every time, but hey, it worked for me! Haha.



They really are worth the money - 2 uses almost covers the cost of the entire kit, and you get a perfect salon finish. Click here to go to the website and maybe even buy the kit yourself!

Have any of you tried Sensationail? What do you think of it?


Love from Roxy x

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Love the color! I'm very weird in a sense, um, I use my toes to do everything. I can't use my hands a lot or my fingers. I love when somebody paints my toe nails. Funny thing is, when a normal person uses their fingers to do things the paint chips off easily, since I do everything with my toes. I'm pretty sure by the end of the second week majority of the upper nail paint is gone. Lol I love to have them done though! I love the challenge of painting others nails too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's still amazing that you can do everything with your toes! x

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs