Wednesday 26 February 2014

Silky Shirts & Afternoon Tea

Last weekend I went home for the weekend because we had family from America over. My cousin, Frances, is from California and has come to study in London for a semester so we had a weekend full of tourist activities! The first evening I was back, we went for a curry at Malik's in Cookham, Berkshire, which is supposed to be Heston Blumenthal's favourite curry house so we assumed it must be good - and it certainly did not disappoint!

I wore a new silky shirt from Lavish Alice which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it on the ASOS website (my wardrobe is full of silky and chiffon shirts!). Paired with black jeans and little suede boots, it was an easy and simple outfit to put together. Because the shirt has quite a lot of detail, I wanted to keep the rest quite neutral. For warmth, I wore my camel coat from Topshop which matched the boots. Apologies for the terrible pictures, I was in a huge rush!!




Get the look

Shirt - http://www.asos.com/Lavish-Alice/Lavish-Alice-Blouse-In-Tiger-Print/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3210150&SearchQuery=lavish%20alice%20shirt&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black


Coat - originally from Topshop last year, but here is a similar option - http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Knee-Length-Over-Coat/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2959036&SearchQuery=camel%20coat&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Camel

Boots - I got these from South Africa last year, but Office have a pair similar - http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,10/1592750015



The next day we went to Windsor Castle, followed by afternoon tea at Oakley Court Hotel. I have never actually gone out for proper afternoon tea so I was super excited, despite hating both scones and tea - it's the experience that counts! For just £12.50 each we could have two scones, lots of little cakes/sweet treats and a cup of tea, which is quite a bargain especially considering the beautiful setting of the hotel. I just had a hot chocolate and sneakily snacked on all the sweet bits from everyone else's plates. I felt more British than ever and definitely something I want to do more often!


Here are a couple of snaps from the day!






Family pic! From left to right: my Aunty Debbie, Me, Mum, Dad and Cousin Frances 

Love from Roxy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs