Thursday 27 February 2014

Cara for Mulberry

Aaahhhhh best news ever!!! Cara Delevingne has done a collection for Mulberry! I am the biggest Cara fan, despite all the controversy surrounding her drug use. She has also made me feel a lot better about having blonde hair with dark, thick eyebrows which I always hated as a child.

Look at her - how can you not love a model who doesn't care being photographed like this?!



...and then look like this the next minute!



There are a variety of sizes and styles, which all have detachable straps so you can wear them either over the shoulder, or as a backpack. This is great news for me as I love a good backpack, especially because of how practical they are (excuse me for sounding like a mum) but I find it very difficult to find a nice, good quality one. If I could afford one of these Cara bags, I would definitely be buying one!

The black, blue and green quilted ones are gorgeous and would definitely feel like a classic Mulberry bag, a real investment! I only have a small Alexa Mulberry bag in black so far which has lasted really well and the leather has become softer the more I've used it which is great!








The second design of the Cara collection is the 'Camouflage Haircalf' in either khaki or monochrome. I have mixed feelings about this one as I've never been a huge fan of camouflage print; however I do think they are different and stand out and I love the haircalf fabric of them. If worn with a simple outfit I think one could be a real statement piece.





My favourite one is definitely the 'Taupe Silky Classic Calf with Lion Rivets'  because of the colour which is a bit different from the kinds of bags I would usually buy, and the added detail of the lion studs make it more interesting and original. The fact that Cara has a lion tattoo on her finger emphasises the 'Cara touch' to the bag.

The Mulberry site makes it clear that the bag would reflect Cara by saying "A key part of the initial design stage involved working up ideas that captured Cara's personality, her charisma, her cool, but that also kept Mulberry's identity and signature style." 





What do you think of this collection? Will you be investing in one?


Love from Roxy x

2 comments:

  1. I really like the light and dark brown bags. Surprisingly not the purple and black, hmmm. Cara is beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha either way, they are all pretty great! I know, I'm so in love with her! x

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs