Sunday 16 March 2014

Good Hair Day

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Writing about hair products isn't something I ever thought I'd be doing, but I've been using two new products that I couldn't not tell you all about!

Firstly, is the Aveda 'blue malva' shampoo, which I was told about by my hairdresser. I recently tried a new hairdressers called Shrine, near my uni house in Leeds, which only uses Aveda products. Their products are so good because they use all natural products and, more importantly in my case, they smell amaaazing


This particular shampoo is great for my hair because it is supposed to bring out the silvery tones in hair, neutralises any brassy colours in chemically-treated hair, and intensifies colour. It also retails at £27 which, for such a huge bottle, is definitely a fair price and you can buy it here. My hair is blonde (in case you didn't know!) and I regularly get highlights with an ash tone to them, making my hair more white, without using bleach to make it that peroxide colour blonde. However, a couple of weeks after highlights, my hair dulls and gets a more yellowy tone which looks horrible. I was skeptical about this magical shampoo, but after a few weeks of using it, I was proven wrong! Okay, so the difference isn't maassivee but the yellow hasn't yet appeared which means highlights aren't needed quite as soon.

 Before - with yellowy hair


After - much whiter (these photos haven't been edited so you can see the proper effects)


The second product is the VO5 'plump it up' weightless mousse:


I have the flattest hair known to man, and no matter what I do to it, it just hangs dead straight and flat with no volume whatsoever. Until now. Previously, I used the VO5 Heat Protection Spray purely because I needed something with heat defence, but it made my hair very smooth, which didn't help with the flatness. So I decided to use something else and picked up this mousse on a whim because it also had heat defence, and it was the best decision I've ever made. Just run it through your hair when it's been towel-dried, blow dry it, and it really is a miracle worker, giving me lovely voluptuous locks! This only retails at £3.79 in Boots which is an absolute steal and you can buy it here!


I hope these two reviews/recommendations can be of use to any of you - let me know if you've ever used these products or what else you use that helps your hair!


Love from Roxy x

9 comments:

  1. I don't use special shampoos or conditioners, I have to have a certain kind because I was born with my dad's hair. He has greasy and itchy scalp, and so do I! We have to find a shampoo that works for both and yesterday I got my hair washed and he let me use his shampoo because I'm pretty sure that was all he could find, and it is old spice. So I smelled like him all day and I didn't care. Lol

    I am the total opposite of every girl in the world. As long as my hair doesn't come falling out, I'll basically use anything. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my hair gets super greasy too! Just thankful I have hair, let alone having blonde and thick hair! Haha :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi, I saw you followed me on Twitter so I came to check your blog out :)

    Your hair is a gorgeous colour! And I wouldn't worry about eyebrows being a darker shade - it just means more definition.

    I've actually tried that mousse before, but I found it a little sticky and my hair is pretty fine, so maybe it just doesn't get on. Right now I'm using Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray which is seriously amazing, but also seriously expensive... #cry. I'm pretty poor too right now since I'm in the midst of an internship so I'll have to save up my pennies slowly...

    Anyway, nice blog! Can I ask what mascara you use?

    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha I know, they just are a hassle to keep looking good! Ah I've heard Bumble and Bumble products are great too :) I use the Mac Optulush Optimum Black mascara, hope that helps! X

      Delete
  3. Your hair was awesome ♥
    Btw, thanks for following me on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can see what that is here, with the rules and the questions I need you to answer:
    totallylola2013.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well thanks so much! I will have a look and respond soon! :) x

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs