Saturday 15 March 2014

OOTD: Spring Optimism

The sun has arrived! Kind of... We had a small glimpse of the sun here for a couple of days which inspired me to get working on my spring/summer wardrobe. Being a student near the end of term, I am very much on a budget, so I went to the great British high street for inspiration!

I usually stick to Topshop and Zara when shopping cos I prefer the shopping experience there - less cluttered and great mannequin styling! However, the two shops in Leeds Trinity shopping centre are much nicer than any I've ever been to, so I had a peek and ended up with a new blazer and skirt that I think are beaut!







I just wore a basic black chiffon cami top under the blazer so the red was the main focus of the outfit. I then added my trusty brown suede ankle boots that I wear religiously, along with a gold statement necklace, watch and bracelets to accessorize. I love the shape of this skirt, as it's tight but doesn't look 'bodycon tacky' because of the asymmetric edging. Most of my bags are black so I struggled with this, but I realised my makeup bag was the perfect colouring for this outfit, so emptied out my makeup, added some money, and voila! - a clutch! It matched perfectly with the boots and the outfit's gold accents (except the silver zips on the skirt - but we'll pretend we didn't notice that...)!


Get the look

(Similar - but it's brand new so my one is definitely in stores!)
(Similar)
(Both of the bracelets are no longer in stock so I have just linked you to their websites. Gas is difficult to find in the UK but my mum owns a decor/clothing/jewellery shop which is soon to start stocking them! www.storyinbray.com - if you're ever in the Berkshire area!)

Have you started your spring wardrobe yet? Let me know in the comments!


Love from Roxy x

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love that blazer! I have such a thing for blazer/jean combos I never think of wearing them with a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I usually wear with jeans, but they look so much more feminine with a skirt which I love! x

      Delete
  2. Love this post, I'm just starting to look around for my spring summer wardrobe. I just wanted to say I absolutely love this outfit - I would wear all of it! I definitely need to invest in a nice bright blazer.
    Rachel x
    StrawberrySundaes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would definitely recommend New Look for bright coloured blazers, they had such a big selection when I went in :) x

      Delete
  3. Love the combination of white and red! You look beautiful! xx

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this outfit, you look stunning x

    http://www.thegirlcalledjay.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous spring outfit!! I wish the weather would cheer up where I live so I can enjoy lovely outfits like these! x

    http://thatcurlyygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to go shopping for some new Spring pieces, that outfit is gorgeous!

    abbie-explores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs